We welcome you to our practice and look forward to serving your medical needs.
Notice of Privacy Practices
- This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully. If you have any questions regarding this form, please do not hesitate to call our office at 410-680-2121.
Download Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF)
What To Bring To Your New Patient Appointment
In order to make your appointment as efficient as possible, please bring or provide the following:
- Your insurance card(s) and valid identification
- While you will be pre-registered over the phone, it will still be necessary to complete paperwork at the time of your appointment, so please remember to bring your insurance card and picture I.D.
- New patient paperwork: Please plan to come 15 minutes prior to your appointment, so that you will have enough time to fill the new patient paperwork.
- A current updated list of all your medications and the dosage you are taking. This includes all current medications, non-prescription drugs for review.
- Copay, deductible, and/or coinsurance is required at the time services are rendered. For your convenience, we accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash.
- If your health insurance requires a referral for you to see a specialist, please contact your PCP and request a referral. A copy of the referral should be sent to our office prior to your appointment.
- Please have relevant medical records faxed to our office prior to your appointment.
Established Patient Appointment
- Please provide our office with changes in your demographics and /or insurance.
- Consent forms are updated on a yearly basis
- New insurance cards are required at the beginning of a new year or if you’ve changed insurance plans throughout a current year.
All prescriptions and refill request should be requested during normal business hours. Please allow 24-48 hours for our office to process your request. For renewal of medication, please contact your pharmacy first.
Cancellation / Rescheduling
Please call 410-680-2121 if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we would appreciate at least a 24-hour advance notice for any appointment cancellation.
We participate with most insurance companies. If your insurance requires a referral, you are responsible for obtaining a referral authorization from your primary care physician (PCP) for each office visit. A copy of the referral should be sent to our office prior to your appointment. Please bring your insurance card(s) with you so we can verify that we have the correct information to bill your insurance company.